Starting Your Journey
Before You Apply
Create a Career Profile in Workday.
Have a conversation with your manager and/or reach out to a Career Advisor for help.
- Know Yourself Worksheet;
- Competency Assessment;
- Get Feedback; and
- Development Items in Workday
Start exploring by having conversations with individuals associated with your roles of interest. Consider job shadowing or volunteering for stretch opportunities. Getting involved with one of our employee business resource groups (EBRGs) is also a great way to build professional relationships.
Applying for the Position
A Few Things to Consider
- Review the qualifications required for each position. If your experience and capabilities align with the qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Learn More
- Familiarize yourself with PNC’s compensation philosophy. If you have questions related to compensation, connect with the recruiter assigned to the requisition.
- Some positions will require that you complete an assessment. Some assessments are timed, so it’s best to set aside a quiet, uninterrupted space to take them if necessary.
- If selected, prepare for the interview. Be ready to talk about your skills, interests and qualifications for the position, and be able to talk about specific achievements relative to goals.
- If not selected for the position, here are some helpful resources for you to use in your continuing job search:
*Please note: We encourage all employees to speak with their managers about their career development prior to applying for another job at PNC. Your manager can provide guidance and is well positioned to help you build your network and consider other opportunities.
As your manager will be notified if you are asked to interview for another job at PNC, we encourage you to make them aware before they receive a notification through Workday.