Build a Talent-Focused Culture
- 50% of people managers are women.
- PNC’s 10 Employee Business Resource Groups (EBRGs) have 81 chapters across 21 markets and engage 34% of the company’s eligible employees.
- In 2017, CareerBliss ranked PNC ninth on its list of happiest companies based on employee survey data.
Caring for Our Communities
- In 2018, PNC provided $2.6 billion in community development financing that benefited low-and moderate- income populations and communities.
- PNC Grow Up Great® is our $500 million, multi-year, bilingual initiative that began in 2004 to help prepare children from birth to age 5 for success in school and life.
- PNC employees logged more than 102,885 volunteer hours at early childhood education centers in 2018.
Protecting Our Planet
- PNC has more than 294 LEED-certified buildings.
- We have met our 2020 environmental goals ahead of schedule and positioned ourselves to meet new and more aggressive environmental goals by 2035.
- We aim to reduce our emissions and energy consumption by 75%, using 2009 as a baseline, and our water consumption by 50%, using 2012 as a baseline.
- We support the transition to a low-carbon economy by helping our clients finance energy efficient and renewable energy projects.
- In 2018, PNC donated, sold or recycled 658 tons (100%) of our excess furniture. Of that, 59.9% was recycled, 28.8% was donated, 9.5% was sold and 1.8% was relocated internally. By donating this furniture, which equated to $275,000 of in-kind charitable donations to 11 different organizations, we diverted it from landfills and subsequently reduced our carbon emissions by 1,361 metric tons.
Learn more about how PNC is committed to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in our 2018 annual CSR report.